Teachers play a key role in student success and sometimes a simple “thanks” is all a teacher needs to feel valued. Take the time to celebrate your students’ teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week May 4-8. Outside of family and close friends, there are few people in a young person’s life that have more of a profound effect than teachers. Most kids spend at least seven hours of their day, five days a week, at school under the guidance of educators and school staff members. A good percentage of these students spend more time after school in activities, sports and homework groups with those same teachers. With that kind of influence and responsibility, it is vital to keep school professionals motivated and appreciated. Therefore, I decided to do some research and find some super cute ideas to show that special teacher how much you appreciate them. Ok, so after much research and discussion with some of my colleagues (teachers), I came up with a list of 15 super cute and practical gift ideas to celebrate that special teacher this year.
1. Teachers spend lots of their own money purchasing school supplies. So what better idea than buying a teacher some school supplies?
2. Teacher carry tons of items back and forth from school to their homes. Therefore, a great tote to make the traveling easier will be a great gift.
3. Classroom theme decorations are a great way to add to a teacher’s classroom that every child could benefit from.
4. A BOOK! Help the classroom library grow by adding a great book addition to it.
5. Teacher’s love to write notes. Give them something good to write on or something good to write with.
6. Gift Cards! A gift card to their favorite store or restaurant is always appreciated.
8. A reusable lunch bag. Many teachers bring their own lunch as their lunch time is very limited.
9. Personalized clipboard to help keep your teacher organized. Here is site where you can get step by step instruction on how to make your very own personalized clipboard.
11. Help keep the germs away with some hand sanitizer.
12. A delicious treat always goes a long way and sometimes makes a teacher’s job easier.
13. Creative cute gifts that helps the teacher stay organized are always appreciated. Check out this great organizer (and other ideas) at organize365.
15. The best idea of them all is simply saying Thank You! A hand written card or note with a special story of how this teacher has influenced your child can be such a great reward for a teacher’s dedication.
Below are some of the ideas I previously did for my daughter’s teachers.
How are you showing your appreciation for that special teacher(s) this year?