Strawberry Banana Power Smoothie
Spring has sprung! I have been loving the warmer weather, being outside and enjoying the fresh Florida air. In fact, one of my favorite ways to enjoy the Florida air is with my morning smoothie. A smoothie is a great way to get your day as you can get multiple servings of fruits and vegetables in just one sitting.
I add carrots and cucumbers to just about every smoothie I make. They are both inexpensive and add little flavor to your smoothie, so you aren’t getting any flavors that you may not like.
What makes this smoothie a Power Smoothie? The little added extras! I added in turmeric and cinnamon, both of which are great for you and you can’t really taste either one, so you are getting the benefits, but not compromising the flavor of your smoothie. Chia Seeds. These little guys are packed full of fiber and a container will last you FOREVER. I also added PBFit to this Strawberry Banana Power Smoothie, PBFit is Peanut Butter Powder – that means you get the protein of peanut butter with about 85% LESS of the fat. Less fat? Yes please 🙂
Now, here is my Strawberry Banana Power Smoothie Recipe. Be sure to Pin It and Bookmark this page so that you can make it again and again.
What You Need:
- 6 baby carrots
- 5 – 6 slices of cucumber
- 1/2 banana
- 5 – 6 strawberries
- Handful of organic greens – I used what was in my frig (Spring Mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon of organic turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of organic cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon PBFit – Peanut Butter Powder
- 4 ice cubes
- 4 oz milk – you can also use almond milk, coconut water/milk, tab water. etc
What You Do:
- Place all ingredients in your blending device in the order listed above
- Blend until smooth
Looking for more smoothie inspiration? Check out these:
- Blueberry Superfood Antioxidant Smoothie
- Apple Avocado Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Vanilla Protein Smoothie