My husband and I don’t fight often, but when we do, it’s over holiday cards. You see, he loves to get the mail before I do and open up cards from my friends (because his friends rarely send cards) and then read the poems, life moments and personalized notes. My problem isn’t so much with this, rather it’s the loss of letter, return address or filing with the bills that gets me. I LOVE a good card with family photos, BONUS points if it’s not your average design.
While I give kudos to Walgreens for spearheading the multi-million dollar holiday card frenzy, they don’t make the list. My picks for a worthy “get-to-the-mail” first race:
- Pinhole Press – Merry Christmas Collage – If you are going to take photos, you might as well show them! I love the vertical design and square (insta-style) photos.
- Artifact Uprising – “Here’s to the good that found you and the great that awaits.” I want to put this in a frame and hashtag it #wordstoliveby. What an amazing (and clean) way to say Happy New Year.
- Paper Culture – Year In Review – Skip the additional printed family wrap-up this year, include it on the back of the card!
- Storkie – Recycled Photo Post Card – What’s not to love? Earth friendly, budget friendly and no stuffing involved.
- Mixbook – Colorblock Holiday Collage – Mixbook allows you to print on 130# (ultra thick) card stock making this site a winner in my book.
- Peartree Greetings – Shining Stars Hanukkah Cards – The tri-fold layout and patterned background captures the essence of the season.
- Shutterfly – Merry Sparkles – A traditional plaid compliments the ever so popular gold foil stamped Merry Christmas greeting.
- Minted – Cherry Merry Completely Custom Card – Truly one of my favorite sites because it showcases several artists and all of the cards have a unique look. This design includes your child’s artwork AND photos.
- Tiny Prints – Enchanting Snowfall: White Glitter Holiday Cards – Rounded corners make me happy….so does glitter that doesn’t come off! P.S. card glitter is the new foil!
- Etsy – Bean Press (Nailed It) – This card pairs great design and humor to get my vote. Even better, she’s a local designer.
Remember to start with great photos (Family Photo Session Survival Guide) and never pay full price! Nearly all of the sites mentioned above will have a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. Happy Carding!