50 Fall Date Night Ideas

We squeezed as many days as we could out of summer, but now it is time to move on to the next season…..FALL.  And even though fall isn’t too much a season here in the Tampa Bay area I love to do ALL THINGS FALL!

falldates

1. Visit a pumpkin patch.  Spend the day playing games, eating some fall favorites, and going on a hayride.
  2. Grab some hot chocolate from you local favorite.
  3. Window shopping while holding hands is an all time favorite. Hyde Park Village has some great window displays and they have year round events.
  4. Bake your favorite pies. Spending time together and working together to make something you will both enjoy is a great way to spend a chilly fall day.
  5. Look at the stars. Pick up a nice comfy blanket and head out to the beach. It is a great open area for star gazing.
  6. Apple cider and a romantic movie night is a relaxing way to spend an evening. Just hang out at home and enjoy the company.
  7. Get up early and go to breakfast. Pumpkin muffins, pumpkin waffles, donuts, and coffee. What better way to start the day! Dates don’t always have to be at night, so take advantage of all the morning hours.
  8. Make caramel or candy apples.
  9. VisitFlorida.com has the easiest search on their site. You can choose from paddling, birding, biking, and hiking. You can also choose from action packed, budget friendly and romantic outings.
  10. Build a firepit and have a night full of s’mores! Hershey’s has recipes for S’mores cookies, bars, and a really yummy looking S’mores tini.
  11. Watch It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. It has always been on my holiday watch list, year after year.
  12. “Taste your way around the world,” at Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival.
  13. Decorate for fall together.
  14. If you have a hobby, make it change with the season. If you love photography, go on a photo scavenger hunt. Paint a fall inspired picture. Knit a small blanket. Collect leaves and acorns.
  15. Warm soups in a thermos are a simple picnic idea. You can make your own or pick some up from your favorite restaurant.
  16. Watch the sunset. There are some awesome locations on the west coast of Florida to watch the sun set.
  17. Carve pumpkins. Roast the seeds. Make a night of it.
  18. October is Greenways and Trails month. Find a Florida trail and go off the beaten path!
  19. Go horseback riding.
  20. Bake batch after batch of cookies and drop them off at a senior center. Not only will you get to spend time together, but you can give back a little.
  21. Go camping. There are so many parks throughout Florida that finding a great spot for the night should be simple.
  22. Scary movies! Hours and hours of scary movies.
  23. Travel over to Pasadena to the Florida Winery or towards the open countryside of LakeRidge Winery and Vineyards. They both off winery tours and wine testings. Tours and testing usually last about 45 minutes.
  24. In Florida there are some larger events, Halloween Horror Nights or Zoo Boo at Lowry Park. Busch Gardens has their Howl o Scream every year, too.
  25. Concoct your own pumpkin flavored drink or dessert.
  26. Put all the things and people you are thankful for in a Thankful Jar or on a Thankful Tree.
  27. Plan your holiday together. If you are having Thanksgiving together start planning the menu. Go through your favorite Thanksgiving foods and combine your likes for your own unique menu.
  28. Go skating. Roller skating or ice skating. Downtown Tampa does have an outdoor ice rink, but there are also a few indoor ones. There are about 3 roller skating rinks in the Tampa Bay area that offer specials all year round.
  29. Oktoberfest in Tampa is an annual event. Plenty of food, fun, and drinks! If you go: “Know your way around beers. There is the traditional Helles (pilsner), Dunkles (stouts or dark ales), and Weissbier (wheat beers).
  30. Before it gets too chilly, go out on a kayak. If you don’t own one there are plenty of locations that you can rent them from.
  31. Go on a holiday stroll. Largo Central Park has one with thousands of lights!
  32. Dress up and go out for a night on the town. The Straz Center has Halloween Pops, Newsies, and drinks and dancing for the Broadway Ball After Dark.
  33. Pier 60 has movies every weekend (weather permitting). Curtis Hixon park in Downtown Tampa hosted Scream On The Green a few years ago with movies that will be back again.
  34. Pick out your Halloween costumes. Frankenstein and Bride, Jack and Sally, Morticia and Gomez Addams are a few good examples. Enter a few contests around town.
  35. Spend a few hours out on a Dolphin or Dinner Cruise.
  36. Get dressed up in some vintage clothes and go play a few rounds of shuffle board. Yes, shuffle board! St Pete Shuffle has events and leagues as well as Free Friday Nights!
  37. Ghost walks are a fun way to celebrate the upcoming Halloween holiday! Ghost Tours  offers tours in Tampa, St Pete, and Johns Pass. After your tour you can spend a night or two in one of the haunted rooms at the Don CeSar.
  38. If you are into art, there are a few great museums around here. The Dali Museum is my personal favorite. Once you go through the museum you can head outside and leave your bracelet on the Wish Tree.
  39. Haunted Houses are always fun. They usually are later in the season, but they can be found in so many areas throughout Tampa Bay and have different scare levels.
  40. Surprise your date with a concert. Mark Anthony, Brad Paisley, 5 Seconds of Summer, and Van Halen all have concerts scheduled for the fall months.
  41. Make something! Check out Home Depot for DIY workshops, including the Do It Herself ones, I don’t think they would mind having a couple show up.
  42. You can find festivals are all over Florida, the weather is perfect to spend a few hours outdoors. Pick from chalk festivals, seafood festivals, and plenty of fall festivals.
  43. Make your own mulled wine. Make enough to keep and give away for the holidays.
  44. The Bucs schedule is up, so you can squeeze in a few more BBQs before the weather gets too chilly. If you are football fans, or even if you aren’t, a tailgate party is a great reason to hang out with friends and family.
  45. You and your date can easily spend a couple hours at Color Me Mine or Painting with a Twist.
  46. Most of us know what “You’ve Been Boo’d” is, so this year do something for the adults, You’ve Been Boo’zed. Mix up a homemade cider with some other fall goodies and leave them on the doorsteps, knock and RUN!
  47. Fresh Markets are pretty much year round events, but the fall air makes them much more enjoyable. We have a full list of all the good ones.
  48. Schedule a photo shoot. There are tons of photo shoot ideas on Pinterest, pick out some of your favorites and have a book made afterwards.
  49. Trolley Hop! You can jump on the TECO Line Streetcar in Ybor and stop at any of the 11 stops in Downtown Tampa. There is the Jolley Trolley in Clearwater that takes you along the beaches. And you can’t miss the Central Avenue Trolley that will take you up and down the painted buildings of Downtown St Pete.
  50. Roadtrip! Maybe you are here in Florida and want to see the leaves changing colors. Jump in your car and drive up north a little. Enjoy the season!

, , , ,

40 Responses to 50 Fall Date Night Ideas

1. Robin Rue (@massholemommy) September 23, 2015 at 10:41 am #

Those are all great ideas! My husband and I do a few of those things. Corn mazes are our favorite date idea.

2. Laz Llanes September 23, 2015 at 11:15 am #

Running short on new date ideas is alway an issue, and this list was really refreshing. It’ll be a nice list of date options thanks to you.

3. Shaylee September 23, 2015 at 11:49 am #

Fall is my favourite season, there’s always so much to do! My fiance and I go and pick out pumpkins every year as well as halloween decorations for the house 🙂

4. LIz September 23, 2015 at 11:59 am #

Such great ideas!! I want to do star gazing 🙂 With warm apple cider in hand!

5. Michele September 23, 2015 at 12:05 pm #

I live in NY and I love just driving or walking around and seeing the trees in all their splendor. Anything pumpkin is all I think about and would love to go to a pumpkin patch this year. I did not realize Florida had Fall activities–but it sure sounds like they do!

6. Chelsea September 23, 2015 at 12:46 pm #

Such great ideas. I sincerely wish I had time to do all of these!! I am just so excited to visit the pumpkin patch and pick apples!

7. LizZ H. September 23, 2015 at 1:00 pm #

I absolutely LOVE the fall and so does my husband. We take every opportunity possible to celebrate it together 😀

8. Kerin September 23, 2015 at 1:50 pm #

Found this on Show Your Blog Love. I live in Tampa as well. Great ideas for dates!

9. Jenn @ EngineerMommy September 23, 2015 at 3:43 pm #

What great ideas! I love the thankful jar and thankful tree!

10. Shannon Peterson September 23, 2015 at 3:46 pm #

I am totally pinning this! My husband and I love fall dates 🙂

11. Logan Can September 23, 2015 at 5:09 pm #

This is making me want to go get some hot chocolate and carve a pumpkin…I just wish the weather would cool off to match the changing season. :/

12. Maggie September 23, 2015 at 7:25 pm #

This would be a great list to print off and check off when you do these things! We love visiting the pumpkin patches and making our first batch of cider!

13. Joely Smith September 23, 2015 at 7:36 pm #

This is a wonderful list! My husband and I made a list like this once and we loved having it to refer to! I also love that many of these ideas do not involve spending a ton of money!

14. May September 23, 2015 at 7:56 pm #

Great ideas! My boyfriend and I are actually DIYing our apartment together. It’s actually really fun and it’s a different way for us to spend time together unlike what we usually do.

15. Claudette September 23, 2015 at 8:43 pm #

All wonderful ideas – now to find someone to do them with! 🙂

16. Elizabeth O. September 23, 2015 at 9:13 pm #

Fall is such a romantic season. Everything just screams intimacy and love, even the color of the leaves. These are lovely ideas for date night during the fall!

17. Cynthia @craftoflaughter September 23, 2015 at 9:51 pm #

Wow, what an incredible list! I love fall and now I want to spend it doing everything on your list!

18. Debra September 23, 2015 at 10:15 pm #

I am so excited to head to the pumpkin patch this year! It is my favorite date night!

19. Ourfamilyworld September 23, 2015 at 10:16 pm #

These are awesome ideas for a date night. We have tried some of these. I think my husband would love to do a ghost walk.

20. Rebekah September 23, 2015 at 10:24 pm #

You’ve put together such an awesome list of ideas. So many fun ones to choose from!

21. Liz Mays September 23, 2015 at 11:06 pm #

I hadn’t really thought about Florida in the fall for some reason. With all these ideas, I’ll be planning that now.

22. May September 23, 2015 at 11:57 pm #

Great tips! I love all the suggestions you shared!

23. tara pittman September 24, 2015 at 12:31 am #

My husband I love to go out to eat for date night. We are going out for seafood this sat.

24. victoria September 24, 2015 at 4:24 am #

What a great idea. me and my hubby would try the others but my favorite is an road trip because i enjoyed all the view and we have an stop over and eat the street foods

25. Rachel Mouton September 24, 2015 at 5:38 am #

I always look forward to date night with my hubby 🙂 These are great ideas.

26. Queenthrifty September 24, 2015 at 7:05 am #

I love the ideas for Fall dates is ideas will complete at least half. We do date night twice weekly.

27. Danielle Markley September 24, 2015 at 11:03 am #

Oh my, so many great ideas!!! I grew up in Florida and feel like fall doesn’t really happen here in the traditional sense 😛 Maybe it’s the 5 years in Seattle talking. I had no idea there was an Oktoberfest in Tampa–I’m def going to check that out!

28. sacha September 24, 2015 at 11:53 am #

This was such a great idea for a post. My favorite is the painting and drawing. I will be bookmarking this page to try the others thanks so much.

29. Mykidsguide September 24, 2015 at 12:14 pm #

This is a great list. Number six is our favorite thing to do.

30. Celeste @FashionFortuneCookie September 24, 2015 at 2:55 pm #

Great fall date night ideas. We’re always looking for new ideas. #50 is my favorite since we just moved to this city. I love road trips and explore our surrounding cities.

31. Christine September 24, 2015 at 5:29 pm #

#5 is at the top of my list! I have to say that I’ve never star gazed at the beach. I’m going to have to plan that before it gets too much cooler!

32. alexandria waning September 24, 2015 at 8:26 pm #

What is date night?! These are all cute ideas. We just have family dates, lol.

33. Yona Williams September 24, 2015 at 10:31 pm #

If I ever visit Tampa in the fall, I would love to go on a ghost tour. I know we will be attending our local apple festival soon.

34. Kirsten September 24, 2015 at 11:02 pm #

Wow, I’ve never been to Tampa, but all of these sound like great ideas. I could definitely see trying a few of them where we live in Chicago. Thanks for all the fun suggestions!

35. Stacey September 24, 2015 at 11:22 pm #

Wow! There are so many things to do there! I used to love visiting the pumpkin patch when my kids were little – not so much anymore.

36. Emma Spellman September 25, 2015 at 2:26 am #

Wow this is quite a list. Now all I need is a baby sitter 🙂

37. Rosey September 25, 2015 at 11:29 am #

I didn’t know Van Halen was touring. That might be interesting to see!

38. nicole September 25, 2015 at 5:49 pm #

I miss the pumpkin patch days when my children were little and I went last year for the first time alone. It was fun and a little weird but I took great photos and enjoyed the moment. Thanks for sharing.

39. Candi September 25, 2015 at 10:20 pm #

Wow, lots of great ideas, fun things my hubby and I would enjoy

40. lexie September 26, 2015 at 12:11 pm #

OMG love this!! I seriously needed this right about now. Date night has been on my mind and I am always short of ideas as to what we can do! Thanks dear!