Things People With December Birthdays Are Tired of Hearing

Yes, there are OTHER things happening in December aside from the holidays. Birthdays, for example, also happen this time of year. Here are a few things we “December Birthdays” would like everyone to know:

1. Sorry about the Christmas wrapping paper. I didn’t have anything else.

giphy (8)

Huh? I have Christmas paper in July, but I’m not going to wrap your birthday gift in it. Come on. The Dollar Store has birthday paper all year…

2. I can’t come to your birthday. It’s the same night as my friend’s cookie party.

giphy (1)

Thank you for explaining exactly where I rank in our friendship.

3. I can’t miss my neighbor’s ugly sweater party. It only happens once a year! It’s kind of a tradition.

giphy (11)

Once a year? You mean, like my birthday…?

4.  Come to my holiday party anyway! We’ll sing happy birthday and make it like a combo thing.

RjBQV

5.  I bet you made a killing on presents. Double the amount!

giphy (7)

Actually, no.

7.  Sorry. I don’t have anything for your birthday.  It’s just a bad time of year. Things are really tight, you know? Can I take you to dinner in January?

giphy (17)

No, I’m sorry.  January is tight, too. Let’s just skip it all together.

8.  Oh, I forgot! This time of the year is so busy.

giphy (13)

I wouldn’t know anything about being busy at this time of year. Thanks for making me feel so special.

9. Why don’t you try celebrating it a different time of year?

giphy (14)

Great idea! What works best for you…?

10. Oh, you are a Christmas Baby!

giphy (18)

Actually, my birthday is two weeks before Christmas…

11. You were born on Christmas? What day?

giphy

Whaaaat?

12. Here’s your birthday AND Christmas combo gift!

213093-game-of-thrones-tyrion-why-gif

Remember that birthday gift I got you in May? Yeah, that was also your Christmas gift…

Of course, this time of year is NOT about gifts. We know this. We are grateful, especially as adults, for any gift or celebration we get. We have heard these things our whole lives, however, and want to save future generations from feeling left-out or unimportant this time of year!

, , ,

20 Responses to Things People With December Birthdays Are Tired of Hearing

1. Stefanie December 2, 2014 at 7:41 am #

Hilarious!

• Steve December 10, 2014 at 10:02 am #

My wife was born on Dec. 25th. Hates Merry Birthday and Happy Christmas

2. Gierlita Edmondson December 2, 2014 at 10:03 am #

Just because im cheap, ive also combine my wedding aniversary along with my husband and I birthday on same month, save on gifts,lol

3. Rashele December 4, 2014 at 5:37 am #

Funny and true!

4. Lisa December 10, 2014 at 9:15 pm #

I’m a December birthday girl. My sister who is a year and a half older than me had a June birthday. She got bathing suits, roller skates, hula hoops, and sandals. I got flannel pj’s, socks, mittens and scarves….gee thanks.

5. Lindsay December 10, 2014 at 10:44 pm #

High five.

Signed,

My birthday is actually Christmas Day.

6. Charlie Marcil December 11, 2014 at 6:27 am #

My birthday is December 24, & honey this blog hits the nail right on the hammer. Loved it! Finally, someone understands how I feel.

7. Beth December 11, 2014 at 9:47 pm #

As a December birthday girl – I SO get this!

8. Joy December 12, 2014 at 1:48 am #

As a 40 year old Christmas baby, I got a great deal of entertainment out of this! Thanks for a good laugh and for reminding me that it’s not just my imagination that most people don’t have a clue what it’s like to be a person with a Christmas birthday. I’ve experienced almost every one of the things on your list and could add a few. Great job!

9. Mom December 12, 2014 at 11:18 pm #

Well pardon us parents who had December babies….Guess what???? If you haven’t gotten over it by the time you’re in your forties, guess you’re going to be old miserable old people and this is the subject of your life. …wow be happy you’re thought of at alllllll .

10. DeDe December 13, 2014 at 6:42 am #

My daughter was born on Christmas Day. We’ve always made her wait until the moment she was born, 6:45 pm to open her gift. It would always be a nice present, not something from her wish list, and wrapped in birthday paper. We’d have cake and ice cream, and sing. My entire family would come over on Christmas Day for her “party”. This will be the 25th year for this!!

11. Rachel December 14, 2014 at 8:23 am #

Thanks for the reminder! My sis-in-law’s birthday is ON Christmas. Gotta get her something extra.

12. Edna December 14, 2014 at 12:00 pm #

Being a “Christmas Baby”, born on Christmas Day, these quotes are so true. I have probably heard them all in one way or another after 68 years.

13. christine jacob December 14, 2014 at 5:00 pm #

Yep, being born on Christmas sucks- been doing it my whole life.

14. Karen December 15, 2014 at 7:23 am #

Right on target..except you forgot the dislike of Merry Birthday, Happy Christmas cards. Someone can’t even spring 1.99 for a separate card.

15. Adrienne December 16, 2014 at 2:05 am #

Day after Christmas for me, Christmas Eve for my aunt and December 28th for my dad and yes, we have heard all of these before.
    I really do not like the, ‘Oooo, Christmas Baby’ or ‘Do you get double the gifts?’ If I had a dollar for every time I hears those two phrases, I would be a wealthy woman…

16. Carol December 17, 2014 at 11:30 am #

I have a December birthday and my mother in law said, ” People with birthdays in December shouldn’t expect presents.” So I said, “Then people with birthdays in December shouldn’t be expected to get birthday gifts for other people.” Made her re-think her statement. Actually she agreed with me.

17. Sarah December 18, 2014 at 2:13 pm #

My son’s birthday is the 28th and we always try our best to make a totally separate celebration for him with birthday wrappings (not Christmas) and his favorite cake. We try our best to give gifts equally to both of kids Christmas day and then 3 days later give all of the birthday presents as another lump. So far I think it hasn’t been “unfair” for him.

18. Mary December 29, 2014 at 6:12 pm #

As a December 26th baby, my birthdays were pretty sad affairs. Mom always forgot to shop and yanked a present out of my Christmas gifts to save for my birthday. There were so many pies and cookies in the house, nobody wanted to bake a cake. My husband makes it a point to make a fuss about my birthday and Mom has spent my entire adulthood making up for shortchanging me as a kid. Now, I wouldn’t trade my day for anything!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tampa Bay Moms Blog’s TOP Articles of 2014 | Tampa Bay Moms Blog - January 1, 2015

[…] 1. Things People With December Birthdays Are Tired of Hearing […]