Spring is Coming! Scotts Shares Plenty of Reasons to Love Your Lawn
Everyone agrees that a lush green lawn provides a fantastic place to have fun in the warmer months, but did you know that a responsibly maintained lawn is a great choice for the environment? Lawns oxygenate the air, filter groundwater and absorb nutrients. They contain soil erosion and absorb more carbon dioxide than trees. Well-fed lawns even make your home a more enjoyable place; lawns reduce heat in your home by cooling the air and reduce traffic noise by dampening sound.
A responsibly cared-for lawn can improve not just the curb appeal of your home, but the quality of your life. Florida residents, visit Scotts.com/Florida to learn backyard tips and techniques for keeping a healthy lawn while also protecting our natural waterways, as well as find out ways Scotts is helping along the way.
Scott’s Offers 7 Smart Ways to Help:
1. Fertilize Right-Feed your lawn what it needs, when it needs it whenever grass is actively growing.
2. Clean Up-Keep grass clippings, leaves and fertilizer off hard surfaces and sidewalks.
3. Mulch Grass Clippings & Leaves-Lawn clippings and leaves return nutrients to the soil and enrich it to reduce erosion and runoff.
4. Spread Smartly-Use a broadcast spreader with a side deflector to direct fertilizer away from driveways and waterways toward your lawn.
5. Mow High-Longer grass is stronger grass.
6. Water Wisely-Water only when lawn truly needs it and use rainwater whenever possible.
7. Build a Buffer-Create a natural barrier between your lawn and nearby waterways.
For more great tips on lawn care, gardening, landscaping, and weed control, visit Scotts.com!